2 real quick questions help
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2 real quick questions help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; 1. I go thru my gears normal daily drivin shiftin at bout 3 grand. When i slow down while still ...

2 real quick questions help

1. I go thru my gears normal daily drivin shiftin at bout 3 grand. When i slow down while still in the gear and put it in nuetral any lower than 1500 rpm the tach drops so fast that it drops to zero and cuts the car off. sometimes it does it and sometimes it doesnt it just spudders. does anyone know what would cause this?

2. Does anyone know where i can buy a purge valve cannister except from the dealer? i dont know if it is a sensor or a solenoid. also does anyone know the purpose of it cause the hose on the intake manifold is supposed to hook up to it and i have it plugged cause the purge cannister broke.

Thanks to anyone who answers. i really appreciate it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What year/model is the car? How many miles are on the vehicle? Are there any modifications on the car?

1)I would definitely fix your canister purge solenoid valve before attempting to diag. this problem..

2) the canister purge solenoid valve is supposed to "purge" fuel vapors back into your intake manifold from the fuel system ( EVAP) in order to keep HC emissions down....If It is damaged or broken your CEL should be on? Which code are you getting? try this place I hear they have decent prices, However I personally have never bought anything off them... http://subarupartsforyou.com/

2004 wrx. 57689 miles. 20g, tbe about to get the rest of the supporting mods.

1. ok ill check that website out to see if i can find that part.

2. yea i got a CEL. i dont know the code cause i never got it checked. i know it wasnt on until after it was broken.

do u know if it would mess up idle or the way the car runs?

also even wen i first got the car bone stock and no CEL it was still doing the rpm drop fast when i come out of a gear. it is kinda getting annoyin especially wen it dies in the middle of rush hour traffic. (kinda embaressing to) :-)

It is definitely possible that the broken CPS could could cause somewhat of an idle concern fore it does attach to the intake manifold and if a line is broken off than you will have a vacuum leak...My WRX used to do this idle thing sometimes also.. I think I know what your talking about there..My problem resulted being that the MAF was to close to the turbo and was picking up a reading from the compressor wheel..lol..( I have a GT32)...I would try cleaning your MAF first...Do you have an aftermarket intake yet?

yea that makes sense.

oh ok lol yea that would messs with the idle. i am still on my stock elbow but have a kn filter.

i will try to clean the maf. dont i use brake fluid to clean it right?

LORD NO..I would def. not be using brake fluid to clean the MAF..I hope your kidding..lol...CRC makes MAF sensor cleaner pick up a can of that at NAPA or Autozone or something...

lmao. i thought i heard that but i guess not. lol

man i was tryin to look for that part and they only have it for the early models impreza. i sent them an email.

i know this isnt the right forums but do u know why our 2.0 subys cant make as much power as the 2.0 evos? my friend has an evo and we r in competition. :-)

just curious u dnt have to answer that. lol

maybe thats why the WRX obtained the EJ25 in 06.. lol...I honestly dont know the answer though I do know If I was competeing with an EVO I would have an STI... LOL or at least a hopped up WRX...

Quote Originally Posted by Saint1 View Post

i know this isnt the right forums but do u know why our 2.0 subys cant make as much power as the 2.0 evos? my friend has an evo and we r in competition. :-)
    probably due to more stock boost and mivec.

Not to get OT, but it has always amazed me how Mitsu is still ahead of the game in terms of performance.

The STi has a larger displacement, yet the EVO is still able to beat it in a straight line.

The STi also has an engine with a lower center of gravity, yet the EVO is able to outperform it handling wise.
    --Justin

Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Pactin View Post
    probably due to more stock boost and mivec.
    They also have a larger twin scroll turbo who's manifold runners are only about 18"-24" long.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

damn thats crazy. you would think the sti would beat the evo all day because of the displacement and the ej20 wrx would be the competion for the evo since they have the same diplacement.

hmmmm kinda depressing to know that.....

but ive never like evos so boooooo to the evos.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.