Big problems with WRX i just bought
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Big problems with WRX i just bought within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So i got a 05 wrx from an auction for a steal of a deal. the only problem... the retard ...

Big problems with WRX i just bought

So i got a 05 wrx from an auction for a steal of a deal. the only problem... the retard who owned it first probably messed with the wiring or something because about 1 out of every 12 times i try to start it, will it actually start. I put the key in and push the clutch and try to start it. I hear the fuel pump go on but the car doesn't sound like it is trying to turn over or anything. Has anyone delt with this type of problem before?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Try the neutral safety switch on the clutch pedal. Sometimes they get sticky. Mine has done it since the day after I picked the car up off the lot albeit intermittently. Pumping the clutch a couple of times before I start it is just habbit now.

But you can get into the footwell and check it out see if he cut/vampire tapped the wires to the neutral safety in an effort to put in a remote start or bypass the safety on a dvd player.

Also test your battery. Auction cars sit a very long time, long enough for a cell to go dead. Should have at least 550CA. My last battery that went bad would still start the car with 300Ca but the no start problem was more prevalent.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Yeah that is what I imagine he would have done. The battery is good, I just replaced it. Thanks for the info, I will keep posting if the problem persists

DUB
    Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    But you can get into the footwell and check it out see if he cut/vampire tapped the wires to the neutral safety in an effort to put in a remote start or bypass the safety on a dvd player.
    Or maybe he just didn't like having to depress the clutch to start the car. I despise it.

You have to push the clutch in to start the car still, so I don't know if that is the problem. Like i said, some days it starts just fine, some days it doesnt. I just dont even really know where to begin

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.