busted water hose

This is a discussion on busted water hose within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; This hose on my wife's car was spraying some coolant out today. The car is an 02 wrx. Is it ...

busted water hose

This hose on my wife's car was spraying some coolant out today. The car is an 02 wrx. Is it safe to just take the hose off once the car is cooled down and take it to Advance and get a water hose the same size to replace it? Do I need to know anything special?

I guess I have to post a few more times before I can put a pictures up.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hello everyone

I'm new here and trying to post a picture, but it says my post count must be 3 or more.

Here we go. . .This hose on my wife's car was spraying some coolant out today. The car is an 02 wrx. Is it safe to just take the hose off once the car is cooled down and take it to Advance and get a water hose the same size to replace it? Do I need to know anything special?

Once I took the hose off I see now that it is a pre-formed S shape hose. I went to an auto parts store and played with a piece or water hose the same diameter but it would not bend correctly without creasing. I will just go by Subaru parts dpt. tomorrow.