Throttle or boost issue

This is a discussion on Throttle or boost issue within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; This happens only when im in 3rd or 4th gear, and im at wot and max boost. When I hit ...

Throttle or boost issue

This happens only when im in 3rd or 4th gear, and im at wot and max boost. When I hit 3000 rpm the engine revs very quickly (as if its in neutral) to about 4000rpm than back down to about 3200rpm and i continue acclerating. Also at the same time the boost goes down a bit while the engine revs, than picks up.

There are no mods on the car. Im not sure if its anything to worry about, but it never happened before, and I just wanna understand why its happening.
    Thanks in advance for any help

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    It sounds like your clutch is slipping. If so you will need to replace the clutch.

As the clutch fails to clamp during increased torque output from the motor, the revs climb but the car does not accelerate. The boost gauge drops when the clutch is slipping since the effective load on the motor also drops -- the driveline is not linked to the motor when the slip occurs.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Clutch going out
    VF-43 Bugeye: OPEN SOURCE tune... 121xxx miles

13.1@105... Lazy launch 1.9 60'
    285whp and 300WTQ.