OBD-2 scanner connection?

This is a discussion on OBD-2 scanner connection? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi, New owner, the engine light just came on. Looked under the driver side dash for OBD-2 scanner connection. Did ...

OBD-2 scanner connection?

Hi,
    New owner, the engine light just came on. Looked under the driver side dash for OBD-2 scanner connection. Did I miss it?

Thanks,
    DorBink

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Should be there..under/to the the left of the steering column..what year is the car? 16 pin connector kind of recessed into the trim....

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Yeah got it, I was dumb and looking right past it.....

P0102 Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Low Input
    P0113 Intake Air Temperature Circuit High Input
    P0420 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1)

I know why the 420 is there, the previous owner put after market exhaust on.

But the 113, does that mean the air coming into the Intake is too hot?

Thoughts?

Thanks,
    DorBink

Do you have an aftermarket intake on the car? I know the IAT and MAF share an electrical connection or two so maybe a wire got pinched or something...What happens if you clear the codes? Do they come right back on?

Quote Originally Posted by EvoEatr View Post
    Do you have an aftermarket intake on the car? I know the IAT and MAF share an electrical connection or two so maybe a wire got pinched or something...What happens if you clear the codes? Do they come right back on?

No Aftermarket intake, but we did a compression test and to get some more room to the packs and spark pluges we removed the air filter box. Maybe I put it back on and pinched something.

Just cleared the codes last night, I guess I'll see if they come back on while I drive to work today.

Yes than def make sure all clamps are tight and all vacuum lines are connected properly and undamaged...Make sure the air filter box is clamped all the way down also...

ok so I reset the codes and they haven't come back... which is good.
    But i went to get my state inspection done and the guy said the computer wasn't ready. They can see the three codes I cleared on their report, and they clearly state not ready.

I reset the trip odometer when I cleared the codes, and i'm at 161 miles. I thought the computer would have been ready by now. The guy was pretty cool about it though, he said just take it for some more driving and bring it back in 2 days and he'll check it again.

So does anyone know how long the computer takes in a WRX to say it's ready?

Ah yes good old readiness monitors.. You mentioned you cleared the codes? Does your scanner have the ability to view the system readiness monitors? If so I would hook up the scan tool and drive around with it on until you see that all the monitors are ready..Ive seen subarus that have had to go 300+ miles to get them to reset properly. Its all about the driving style also..Example: Some of the monitors have a list of driving conditions that must be met in order for the monitor to be reset. Ex: cruise at 60 mph for 2 min....Like i mentioned this is an example...

Quote Originally Posted by EvoEatr View Post
    Ah yes good old readiness monitors.. You mentioned you cleared the codes? Does your scanner have the ability to view the system readiness monitors? If so I would hook up the scan tool and drive around with it on until you see that all the monitors are ready..Ive seen subarus that have had to go 300+ miles to get them to reset properly. Its all about the driving style also..Example: Some of the monitors have a list of driving conditions that must be met in order for the monitor to be reset. Ex: cruise at 60 mph for 2 min....Like i mentioned this is an example...
    Yeah i've done like +350 miles on it now. I didn't have the manual, but there are some other options in the scanner. Thats a good idea, I wasn't aware that it could tell me if it's ready or not. I stopped by the place where I'm getting it inspected and 2 of the 3 errors as still standing saying, not ready. So hopefully by tomorrow I'll get them cleared. Thanks for the heads up on that.

Quote Originally Posted by DorBink View Post
    Yeah i've done like +350 miles on it now. I didn't have the manual, but there are some other options in the scanner. Thats a good idea, I wasn't aware that it could tell me if it's ready or not. I stopped by the place where I'm getting it inspected and 2 of the 3 errors as still standing saying, not ready. So hopefully by tomorrow I'll get them cleared. Thanks for the heads up on that.

No prob. man..Good luck!

All good! Cleared one more, the CAT is still not ready but they issued my inspection certificate! Just have to wait till next year now!

Ah thats how it is here with OBD II PA state inspection..96-00 your allowed to have 2 monitors "not ready" and 01-present your allowed to have 1 monitor "not ready"...Glad its all sorted out though...