rattling in engine?

This is a discussion on rattling in engine? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys not too long ago i just came back from a trip. I noticed that my engine has a ...

rattling in engine?

Hey guys not too long ago i just came back from a trip. I noticed that my engine has a rattling noise when i accelerate. It usually happens when i get up to 3k rpm you can really hear it rattle. When i turn on the car and just let it run you can hear it as well. At first i thought it was just my cover sheet underneath the car that was loose, but after tightening all the screws it still made the noise. Any idea what this could be? I plan on taking it to the shop but just wanted to get a few ideas from you guys. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

what year?

Did you check the heat shield around the turbo...I had a rattling noise but I tightened that and it went away
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

its an 2005 wrx. No i havent checked that yet. I will when i get the chance to tho. Thank you. Don't want to spend money on small inspections now a days.

early morning engine rattles

Hi for some time now when car paerked overnight and starting to go,their is a rattling noise in engine and guys away after 2seconds or so is it a loose bearing etc or piston chatter,tensioners etc