CEL flashing
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on CEL flashing within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My CEL is flashing with a misfire around 4500k. I have a SPT intake and Catless turboback exhaust. Car is ...

CEL flashing

My CEL is flashing with a misfire around 4500k. I have a SPT intake and Catless turboback exhaust. Car is not driven right now due to the exhaust but Accessport is on its way. But i took the car out to dry it off after a wash and its doing this.
    2004 WRX (currently driving)
    2000 Audi S4 APR tuned (sold)
    2002 WRX wagon ( sold )
    1988 Thunderbird Turbocoupe

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Is your test mode connectors connected together? Check underneath your steering wheel there should be 2 green connectors. Make sure they are disconnected. I know for my 04 wrx you connect these before you install ur accessport and your check engine light flashes.
    Blobeye Syndicate #43

I never touched those before, i just ordered the accesport and i heard it was unhealthy for my car to drive it with a upgraded DP without a proper tune. I checked the plug gaping and coil packs and put them in and it still does it. Im gonna check the grounds
    2002 WRX wagon ( sold )

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxwagon2 View Post
    I never touched those before, i just ordered the accesport and i heard it was unhealthy for my car to drive it with a upgraded DP without a proper tune.
    Not true. Your car is an '02.

Don't reflash your car until the source of the misfire is found.

whats not true? and im not going too, im gonna pull up the codes and see whats up
    2002 WRX wagon ( sold )

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Your '02 has no problem running a downpipe without a tune.

well when i was talking to a guy at Rallysportdirect he said its not good to drive it without the proper tune
    2002 WRX wagon ( sold )

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxwagon2 View Post
    well when i was talking to a guy at Rallysportdirect he said its not good to drive it without the proper tune
    This applies for +04 models. 02-03 WRXs are fine without tuning, you just won't make as big of gains without it though. You're not misfiring because of the downpipe.

Thats one thing off my shoulders. What could be causing this misfire and the CEL to flash? it only does it underload, like if i romp on it around 4500rpm it misfires bigtime and it doesnt go anywhere
    2002 WRX wagon ( sold )

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.