Turbo help?!!!

This is a discussion on Turbo help?!!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, I have a problem with my turbo i think. My turbo is not kicking in until a lil ...

Turbo help?!!!

Hey guys, I have a problem with my turbo i think. My turbo is not kicking in until a lil after 4 grand, and it barely kicks in. when i press the gas, the turbo gauge kicks up to 0 but from there on it ?Slowly boosts up and does not pass 7 to 8 psi. One guy told me that i might have a vacuum leak or something like that. my car has the cobb stage 2 tuned map on it...i do have the exhaust for it too. Should i reflash the map?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

check for a boost leak first..simple enough to do...just make sure all intake clamps are tight and all lines and hoses are properly connected and in good condition...Sounds to me like you might be running wastegate spring pressure...how many miles are on the car?

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Definitely start with the vacuum lines and intercooler connections as stated above, make sure everything is snug, connected, and not broken or otherwise leaking. Doesn't sound like a mechanical problem.

Theres 90,000 on the car. I am new to this stuff but i looked at all the hoses and clamps i could see and couldnt find anything. I have an appointment monday at a subaru dealership to get my car checked out. Do i have to get rid of the stage 2 map before i bring it in? I dont want to lose the map so i cant put it back on.

Well i just checked my coolant tank and it is empty. there is a hose that goes into the tank that can be pulled out and it is dry. I just bought the car a month ago so I never thought the coolant would be low. The car hasnt been overheating or anything. Is this the reason for all of this?

well the only thing I could think of is the coolant go so low..not circulated around the bearing section in the turbo and things go a little to hot, which in my mind is a serious stretch so I kind of doubt thats your problem.....when the car is cooled down pull the cap off the surge tank and radiator and fill from the surge tank until the rad. is full..than cap the radiator and fill until the surge tank is full..

Quote Originally Posted by EvoEatr View Post
    well the only thing I could think of is the coolant go so low..not circulated around the bearing section in the turbo and things go a little to hot, which in my mind is a serious stretch so I kind of doubt thats your problem.....when the car is cooled down pull the cap off the surge tank and radiator and fill from the surge tank until the rad. is full..than cap the radiator and fill until the surge tank is full..
    should i really do this? i thought u had to go underneath the car and pull the drain plug and flush it out? If i can just do what you said then i will but I am bringing it to subaru dealership monday so i dont kno if it would be better for them to do it?

why would you do a coolant flush, If you don't have to that is..?? I'm just saying that is what I would do.

Quote Originally Posted by EvoEatr View Post
    why would you do a coolant flush, If you don't have to that is..?? I'm just saying that is what I would do.
    o ok no i wasnt saying u were wrong i just wasnt sure. so ill prob just do wut u said.