Noisey turbo - Vf23
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Noisey turbo - Vf23 within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; can anyone explain this... i have a v3 sti wagon with vf23 turbo. the turbo seems to be making a ...

Noisey turbo - Vf23

can anyone explain this...

i have a v3 sti wagon with vf23 turbo. the turbo seems to be making a noise i would most describe as being like a jet engine. or like the power steering pump running with no fluid,

the noise is easy to hear at idle and is quite low pitch then will become more high pitch as the revs increase. and when i turn the car off you hear it whirr down also.

i have just put a downpipe on the car and that has made it a lot more audible. the car is not blowing any smoke and holds boost fine, just makes this noise all the time.

i know turbos can whine and make noise when spooling but this seems quite a lot more than that

any info would be much appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Maybe when you torqued down the new DP it pulled on the turbo and created an exhaust leak on the UP side? Just an idea.

Oh, and welcome to the club!

Good luck, T.J.
    200,000 mile club.

Old Irish adage: "Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege."

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.