engine noise
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on engine noise within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Today i started my engine and there was a rattlting sound every few seconds just for a second and then ...

Supporting Member yamaha_rider619's Avatar
    colorado is home, Kansas is the temporary home
    I Support ClubWRX

engine noise

Today i started my engine and there was a rattlting sound every few seconds just for a second and then it would go away. The weather was not cold but it was around noon, in colorado. After the engine warmed up the noise stopped, there was no performance loss, and the engine light never came on.

Also i bought the car with 110,000 miles on it, is there a way to check if i need a new timing belt without taking off the other belts and the cover?
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Did you check that all your heatshields are secured? The only way to check the T-belt without pulling the cover (s) is to look at the maintaince history..Was there any provided with the car? What model / year is your vehicle?

Supporting Member yamaha_rider619's Avatar
    colorado is home, Kansas is the temporary home
    I Support ClubWRX
    i haven't checked the heat shields yet, i will tonight. the ones provided with the car were not from carfax, another brand, but they were wrong. Its a 2003 wrx sedan.

Personally If I where you I would pull the belt covers and take a peek at the belt..You don't want to gamble on something like that fore as im sure you know its a highly interference engine if the belt does slip, break. accessory belt cover nut/bolt :10mm, both lock bolt and lock nut :12mm adjusting bolts: 12mm T-belt cover bolts :10mm A/C idler pulley bracket bolts: 12mm ...If you feel like digging into it that is...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.