Less expensive brakes? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Less expensive brakes? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Sinister I've heard several places that the reds are just too aggressive... tearing rotors up pretty quickly, ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    I've heard several places that the reds are just too aggressive... tearing rotors up pretty quickly, warping rotors quickly, pads don't last very long, extreme brake dust, squeaky as hell, etc...

Unless the OP is planning on tracking, I would think the yellows would be a better plan... lower dust, lower squeak, last longer, etc.

So they don't tear up rotors as quick anymore... did they fix any of the rest of this stuff?
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Not sure what you're talking about considering Reds are by far the least dusty of all the EBC performance pads.

I can't address the rest of those personally. You did recommend Yellows though which will be dustier, louder, and more harsh on the rotors, so I'm not sure what to tell you.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    Not sure what you're talking about considering Reds are by far the least dusty of all the EBC performance pads.

I can't address the rest of those personally. You did recommend Yellows though which will be dustier, louder, and more harsh on the rotors, so I'm not sure what to tell you.
    I guess it's all hearsay then... because most of the reviews that I've read disagree with your opinion
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by LongLiveTheDub View Post
    Hi, I have an 05 WRX that needs new front brakes. I called my local dealers, and they want $94.95 for the rotors. Each. And they want $94.95 for the pad sets. Each. That seems pricey to me. I can do BMW brakes for that.
    I'm new to the WRX world, and I'm not familiar with the suppliers. Can somebody recommend a good quality aftermarket supplier, or a cheaper place to get OE? Thanks in advance.
    Dan
    Try Rockauto.com
    I got new Monroe OE replacement pads all around for less then $70 after rebate shipped to me. I lucked up and found that deal at the right time, but I think that rebate offer is over. But they always have some type of sell, plus they're normal prices are usually cheaper than what you were quoted. Try a local machine shop to see if your rotors can be turned, it should be cheaper than new ones, if they still have life in them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.