Hooked up the hose to flush the oil out
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Hooked up the hose to flush the oil out within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My car was idling like crap the other day so I figured since I just got it, it may have ...

Wrinklechops

Hooked up the hose to flush the oil out

My car was idling like crap the other day so I figured since I just got it, it may have been awhile since anyone changed the oil out. I decided to go ahead and change the oil. I used Mobile 1 synthetic oil like I was recommended on here. Anyways, I drain out the oil and noticed it was extremely dark and even after 10 minutes of draining, it was still coming out. I decided to go ahead and flush it to make sure all the bad stuff got out. I hooked up the hose, ran water through the engine, started it up and was waiting for the water to come out clean (The engine never went above idle so I was told this would be ok). Anyways, About 3 minutes into this, then engine starts shaking and shuts off. I figured it was all cleaned out so I plugged it up, added the oil and figured I was ready to go. WRONG! The car won't freaking start now. This car has been nothing but trouble for me, I think I am done with it!

Last edited by Wrinklechops; 09-15-2009 at 12:09 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Strange, generally oil and water are interchangeable, and mix readily
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by mudferret View Post
    Strange, generally oil and water are interchangeable, and mix readily
    That's what I thought!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.