Under Cover Push-Pins

This is a discussion on Under Cover Push-Pins within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I've been fighting with them all day with the goal of changing my radiator fluid, don't really feel like breaking ...

Under Cover Push-Pins

I've been fighting with them all day with the goal of changing my radiator fluid, don't really feel like breaking them but I'm not getting anywhere. Any hints or tips?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

They will usually come out with a flat blade screwdriver however since I remove so many of these I purchased these pliers and I will say I think they are worth every penny... K-D Tools 3729 - Push Pin Pliers

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Pop out the center section with the screwdriver, then pull it out by the center part, not the outer edge.

If they break they are cheap at the dealer. It isn't worth a lot of your time to save them if you have trouble.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

+1^ Ive seen people just use the screws to hold the undercover on if you do happen to break the clips....Ive even seen people use zip ties to hold the undercovers on, when the rusted bolts snap off and they broke there plastic clips..not to sound to professional or anything... lol

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EvoEatr View Post
    They will usually come out with a flat blade screwdriver however since I remove so many of these I purchased these pliers and I will say I think they are worth every penny... K-D Tools 3729 - Push Pin Pliers
    +1 on the pliers, they are a life saver.

However if you don't have the means of obtaining a pair any time soon, stick a flatblade screw driver, preferably small, into one of the groves on either side of the clip, and slowly rotate the screwdriver or pry straight up, should pop up just fine.