turbo coming in and out..is it a vaccum leak??

This is a discussion on turbo coming in and out..is it a vaccum leak?? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; when i hit the turbo in any gear above first, the turbo comes and goes...could it be due to a ...

turbo coming in and out..is it a vaccum leak??

when i hit the turbo in any gear above first, the turbo comes and goes...could it be due to a vaccum leak?? any help knowledge or advice would be great.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Do the revs climb but the car fails to accelerate? Do the revs then seem to "catch up" with the car when you ease off the throttle a bit?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by silversubby View Post
    when i hit the turbo in any gear above first, the turbo comes and goes...could it be due to a vaccum leak?? any help knowledge or advice would be great.
    Help us help you. The more detailed and explanatory you can be with the problem the more we can help. You need to elaborate,with detail,on your issue.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

ok. im accelerating on a straight level road, i have the gas pedal down i am in between 3,000-5,000 rpm and instead of having constant power and acceleration it comes and goes. i dont know if i can get anymore detailed

I Support ClubWRX
    List all the performance mods on the car. Do you have a boost gauge?
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

dont have any mods. just yesterday i switched out my air intake back to the stock cause the guy before me put some $20 piece of crap high flow air intake on and i think it was the reason for throwing a p0170 but im still waiting to see if the cel comes on. oh and i dont have a boost gauge. i was planning on getting one but just starting college and dont have alot of money....

I Support ClubWRX
    It's possible the intake was causing the problem. If gonna be hard to diagnose if you can't give any datalogs or any real hard data.
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S