help?!?!

This is a discussion on help?!?! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i just got a 2003 WRX yesterday, and the keyless entry went bad. i locked the car today and i ...

Exclamation help?!?!

i just got a 2003 WRX yesterday, and the keyless entry went bad. i locked the car today and i went to unlock it later, wouldnt work. so i used the key. the alarm went off, but i cant start the car or get the alarm to turn off cause the remote doesnt work.
    i went and got a new remote, but in order to program the new remote, i have to disengage the alarm.

HELP!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

DUB
    Have you tried replacing the battery in the old remote?

Quote Originally Posted by dub View Post
    have you tried replacing the battery in the old remote?
    +1

yes, took it to radioshack. battery is fine. remote is dead, the only way i can get it to wrk is to open up the remote and press down on some of the circuits and then press the button to lock/unlock.
    i bought a new remote, but now my turbo timer is keeping me from beting able to program the new remote. how do you totally disengage a hks turbo timer so that it dosnt even turn on when you turn the car on? (i just bought the scooby and it came w/ the timer in it)