inspection needed help!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on inspection needed help!!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Trainrex 1: Remove the cel fix and plug in the rear o2 sensor. 2: Reset the computer ...

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    1: Remove the cel fix and plug in the rear o2 sensor.
    2: Reset the computer and drive the car for about a week.
    3: Take the car to inspection and pass.
    did you have this same situation happen to you???

because this is starting to get ridiculous. i have gotten six inspection tickets from NY sherriffs, i have had tuners tell me its problems with the accessport, and i have had bloggers tell me i have to change my exhaust every year to pass inspection. i love this car and it has been off the road since last october. im going through withdrawals from not hearing the whistle of my bov.

would it just be easier to get a new rear o2 sensor instead of unplicing the cel fix? or a catted downpipe.

i need this car on t he road before its the death of me... lol

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by sliverblur View Post
    did you have this same situation happen to you???

because this is starting to get ridiculous. i have gotten six inspection tickets from NY sherriffs, i have had tuners tell me its problems with the accessport, and i have had bloggers tell me i have to change my exhaust every year to pass inspection. i love this car and it has been off the road since last october. im going through withdrawals from not hearing the whistle of my bov.

would it just be easier to get a new rear o2 sensor instead of unplicing the cel fix? or a catted downpipe.

i need this car on t he road before its the death of me... lol
    i dont think you can have a modded wrx and pass the inspection here in NY legally without going back to stock.
    Bugeye Mafia #213
    Kevin
    2002 Midnight Black Pearl WRX (Traded In!)

2012 Ice Silver Metallic STi Sedan

1: Remove the cel fix and plug in the rear o2 sensor.
    2: Reset the computer and drive the car for about a week.
    3: Take the car to inspection and pass.
    can you explain why this would work.

I Support ClubWRX
    can you explain why this would work.
    Keep readin'

Keep readin'
    and thats where im confused...

if i just remove my cel from my sensor, just a reminder its not the mechanical fix with an extended nipple like attachment, its the cel fix that you splice a transistor into the wires of the o2 sensor, why would that help at all?

if the cel fix gives me a cleaner reading, and the accessport gives a bigger parameter, would it not just screw it up more?

i pass on everything else and i have a inspector that doesn't care about the visual. he just needs it to plug in and have all the sensor read ready. i get two hits in that case, catalatic converter and rear o2 sensor not ready.

i really appreciate all the help!

I Support ClubWRX
    That's no longer an option in some states such as Jersey. The shops cannot issue a sticker unless the car is plugged in.

Look at it this way. When your ECU checks if the cats are working, it uses the rear o2 sensor.

The sensor has to read within a certain set of parameters like this:
    Running clean <--[.. o.. ]--> Polluting

If you simply remove the cats, the ECU will read this and give you a cel:
    Running clean <--[.... ] o --> Polluting

If you install a plug in cel fix, it will defeat the cel by pinning the reading in the "clean" direction, but will not let the sensor go into "ready" mode:
    Running clean <-- o [.... ]--> Polluting

The Accessport simply opens up the parameters farther to allow the sensor to read "clean" and allow it to stay in a "ready" status:
    Running clean <-- [............... o..... ]--> Polluting

For the record, every two years my car has cruised through inspection with stage 4 and a certain lack of kitties.
    and thats where im confused...

if i just remove my cel from my sensor, just a reminder its not the mechanical fix with an extended nipple like attachment, its the cel fix that you splice a transistor into the wires of the o2 sensor, why would that help at all?

if the cel fix gives me a cleaner reading, and the accessport gives a bigger parameter, would it not just screw it up more?

i pass on everything else and i have a inspector that doesn't care about the visual. he just needs it to plug in and have all the sensor read ready. i get two hits in that case, catalatic converter and rear o2 sensor not ready.

i really appreciate all the help!
    What I meant was you missed my post in this thread explaining it.

The AP is meant to defeat the cel BY ITSELF by expanding the parameters as long as the stock o2 sensor is plugged in. A resistor fix will pin the ECU in the "not ready" status.

What I meant was you missed my post in this thread explaining it.

The AP is meant to defeat the cel BY ITSELF by expanding the parameters as long as the stock o2 sensor is plugged in. A resistor fix will pin the ECU in the "not ready" status.
    so just to get this straight:

cel fix get rid of cel in the car on the dash , but puts the sensor into a not ready mode

the accessport should get rid of cel and allow the stock sensor go into ready mode

i take out the transistor drive around for a week or so for a load cycle and pull in and pass?

if it all works then that would be heaven

I Support ClubWRX
    so just to get this straight:

cel fix get rid of cel in the car on the dash , but puts the sensor into a not ready mode

the accessport should get rid of cel and allow the stock sensor go into ready mode

i take out the transistor drive around for a week or so for a load cycle and pull in and pass?

if it all works then that would be heaven
    Now you're getting it.

1. Remove the resistor fix
    2. Plug in the o2 sensor like it was from the factory.
    3. Reset the ECU.
    4. Drive the car for a good week or so to get the sensors into a ready status.
    5. Get an inspection.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12