2002 WRX Aluminum Radiator for A/T (automatic trans)

This is a discussion on 2002 WRX Aluminum Radiator for A/T (automatic trans) within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; so my bugeye has suffered from the infamous radiator leak from the top seal...i don't want to replace it with ...

2002 WRX Aluminum Radiator for A/T (automatic trans)

so my bugeye has suffered from the infamous radiator leak from the top seal...i don't want to replace it with another OEM radiator so i was searchin' online for an aluminum radiator for the 02 WRX's only to find that they only make them for manual transmission cars...

is there an aluminum radiator available for the 2002 WRX's with automatic trans? any help would be greatly appreciated. i've searched the forums, but unfortunately for me, most if not all of the members drive manual. thanks for the help!!!
    '96 ///M3
    '96 Honda Civic EK Hatch
    '02 Subie WRX Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I've not seen one, sorry. If true your options are to either mount an additional cooler for the transmission fluid or to use an OEM-replacement style radiator; most of these are fitted with the additional cooler and in fact, unlike the "race" style rads, the OEM style are hard to find without the cooler.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

thanks for the help, after posting to the forums i did more research and it looks like i'll have to hook up an external trans oil cooler...thanks for the response!
    '96 ///M3
    '96 Honda Civic EK Hatch
    '02 Subie WRX Wagon