Help!!!..

This is a discussion on Help!!!.. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I replaced the turbo inlet pipe (old one was torn) also replaced some old brittle vacuum lines (running from ...

Help!!!..

So I replaced the turbo inlet pipe (old one was torn) also replaced some old brittle vacuum lines (running from wastegate to manifold etc.) and also I had to replace the power steering pump.

OKAY, heres the issue, I was seeing about 11 PSI prior to repairs, now i'm only seeing max 9.5 PSI. I have a basically stock 02 WRX with borla cat back. Also there is a stupid effing BOV from the previous owner which is of course not re-circulating (dont ask me why)...

I am not quit sure what stock boost should be (i've heard a few numbers thrown around)

I suspect it may be either the restricter pill is gone - If so, would this cause boost to not exceed 9.5 PSI??

OR maybe a faulty BOV and it's opening premature??

Also, when at a stand still, idling, when turning my steering the vacuum seems to go to -10 -- Is this normal?? and what should stock vacuum be?? (-15?)

PLEASE HELP
    Last edited by 02WRX*801; 08-30-2009 at 10:20 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

OKay, update --

So THANKGOD I didn't loose the vacuum hose containing the restrictor pill... the line was still in good condition, so I put that back on.

The boost is now spiking at 15psi then fluctuating between
    10-15psi.. the needle on my boost guage just bounces back and forth.. it's so weird. It sometimes will spike at 15 then steady out at 10-11psi... but it's really just intermittent..

?????? Anything from anybody will help... my only thought is that maybe the BOV is faulty... One 3rd gear pull I hit 15psi without hearing any release from the BOV... I dont know..