just got an 02 wrx - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on just got an 02 wrx within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; is it a sweet smell like coolant? or a musky odor? or a burning smell?...

is it a sweet smell like coolant? or a musky odor? or a burning smell?

12.7 1/4 mile w/ intercooler sprayer

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

its kind of sweet... almost smells like gas in my opinion

sweet smells inside the car are usually heater cores leaking coolant. Don't know how you would smell gas in the car.

yeah i kind of figured it wouldnt be very probable that it was gas that i was smelling but im not very familiar with all the smells

so i solved my gas mileage problem but then i found that im leaking oil somewhere... going through a quart of oil after driving 330 miles or so to aspen

thats alot of oil, pull the dip stick and see if it smells like fuel. also jack the thing up and see if it has an oil leak somewhere.

alright i will. I am taking it in to my tech on friday, hes gonna do a tune up, check my gas lines, check my coolant line so i dont know if he will find anything about the oil in the midst of those or not... should i make sure hes aware of that problem as well?

well i took my car into the tech today... turns out i have a lot more wrong with my car than thought. First i have a bad transmission, second im leaking oil into one of my head gaskets, third my power steering pump needs to be replaced and fourth my timing belt is messed up... im gonna try to get the shop that the place i got my car from went to (confusing i know) to pay for the last 3 things because they gave a printed invoice that they replaced them all... still dont know what im gonna do about my transmission though... fml
    Last edited by RugbyJKC10; 09-25-2009 at 09:40 PM. Reason: didnt make sense before

kinda late post but whats wrong with the transmission?

when the cars cold it takes a while for it to get to higher rpms in first gear

that sounds like a valve body issue, i just put a third transmission in mine. I paid for the first replacement and the dealer warrantied the last. Still cost me 5 grand the first time

my mechanic told me it was the fact that the transmission was slipping if i remember right

Looks like you have an excuse to put in a manual transmission!! Thats if you have to replace the auto one you have now, you might as well spend a little more to get alot more better performance.

thats kinda what i was thinking too

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.