just got an 02 wrx - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on just got an 02 wrx within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; also the place I bought my car from said that they spilled oil in that area is most likely the ...

also the place I bought my car from said that they spilled oil in that area is most likely the cause for the smoke? and how long would it take for the oil to burn off?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i had that fuel problem on mine, its most likely the fuel rail or the fuel lines connecting both sides. Either way the intake manifold has to come off to repair. That could also explain your mileage concern. As for the low coolant mention it to the mechanic fixing the fuel problem and they can pressure check the coolant system for leaks. If it had its routine service at 90k the coolant should have been flushed and possibly not filled properly which is likely cause filling the coolant on these cars is different from a normal car. We have the over flow tank and the upper container with the pressure cap on it. They have to be running with the throttle cracked slightly to fill them completely.
    Last edited by Undercover STI; 09-05-2009 at 09:15 PM.

12.7 1/4 mile w/ intercooler sprayer

okay thanks for the insight! how long and how much would a repair like this cost normally?

expect around 300 to 400 bucks for repair and if they have the parts it should take a day or 2 to repair. As for the oil burn off it can take a few days depending on how much they spilled. I did the repair my self and put an APS fuel rail system.

alright thanks a bunch... will this help my gas mileage a lot?

these things run alot of fuel pressure and if your dumping it onto the engine you run a fire hazard and are wasting fuel.. It should go up a lot. Before i modded the hell out of mine i got around 28mpg highway with a 5 spd. Autos i think got around 26mpg highway. If it doesnt go up that is something to have looked at but wait til your fuel leak is repaired. I make around 400hp with mine and get 18 mpg highway now

alright thanks for everything

So i took my car into the Subaru tech in my town. The leak that im seeing is actually power steering fluid not gas. I also have a ripped axle boot. Those are the smells Im experiencing i guess. He also said that for my gas mileage problem i should use something called 44k.

What is 44K? And what kinda mileage did he say you should expect? You said you saw fuel on top of the motor, which side and where?
    Last edited by Undercover STI; 09-08-2009 at 02:50 PM.

i guess it wasnt fuel after all... i showed him the leak and he said it was power steering... 44k is a fluid that you put in your gas tank and it pretty much cleans your fuel line... the guy said i should be getting way better than 18 mpg he said that even for living in the mountains i shouldnt be getting that low

oh ok, sounds good than. Did that fix the front end problem you mentioned?

yeah that explains the front end problem i was having... im taking my car in on friday. Hopefully it wont take longer than a day or 2.

well i took my car in today. They put in a new front right axle, flushed my coolant, stopped my power steering leak and a bunch of other things all in a couple hours but they said that i need to change a timing belt soon and i need to get a tune up... im a noob at this whole car thing so how many timing belts does my car actually have? just one right?

pretty sure just one, around 100k miles is a good time to look into it. Also putting some new spark plugs and coil boots is a good idea if you don't know if they have been done. New plugs may help your mileage out. Put in what they recommend stay way from multi-pronged plugs though i have heard force inducted cars don't like them.

also whenever im warming my car up and i have the a/c or the heat going i get this strange smell inside my car... what might this be?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.