Oil help!

This is a discussion on Oil help! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have an 03 wrx I have run royal purple 5-w30 since I got the car and I like it ...

Oil help!

I have an 03 wrx I have run royal purple 5-w30 since I got the car and I like it but I can't stand the purple color. I'm lookin at mobil1 or redline. Any opinions? With any of the three oils or other oil reccomendations.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Take a look here this might be able to guide in the right direction.... Oil FAQ: Read if you want more information on oil, oil filters, and oil changes! - NASIOC
    Personally I use Valvoline and I love it.

DUB
    The color really offends you that much in between the time it comes out of the bottle and goes into the motor?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris22 View Post
    I have an 03 wrx I have run royal purple 5-w30 since I got the car and I like it but I can't stand the purple color. I'm lookin at mobil1 or redline. Any opinions?
    There is an EU-made variant of Castrol in 0W-30 that is green, if you prefer that. I don't know how the Redline looks to you. My best advice would be to not fall victim to the urge to use pastels. Although they're attractive initially, it's simply because they're, well, "soft" I suppose, and a "harder," even starker choice like red, green, and yes purple would make a bolder statement long-term.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

No its not the color from the bottle to the motor. Lol it's like when I check the oil it's purple/black and when I drain it it's purple still as compared to one time I had to use mobil1 and I drained it the mobil1 was still dark gold. The purple makes me feel like my engine is dirty. Cuz it comes out dark. I dunno it's just a mental thing I guess.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris22 View Post
    The purple makes me feel like my engine is dirty. Cuz it comes out dark. I dunno it's just a mental thing I guess.
    Wouldn't darker oil make you think it's working great, since it's taken dirt from the motor into solution and you are now emptying the whole lot by changing the oil?
    Last edited by SD_GR; 08-27-2009 at 06:57 AM.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.