>7K and need new pads??!

This is a discussion on >7K and need new pads??! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Got my oil changed today and was told that my front pads were down to 20% with about 6800 miles ...

>7K and need new pads??!

Got my oil changed today and was told that my front pads were down to 20% with about 6800 miles on the car. I have driven it hard a few times, but damn. This a common occurrence with OEM pads?
    2011 Honda CR-Z EX
    Milano Red / Navigation / 6MT

2009 WRX hatch premium SEM #52 Traded 7/28/11
    Kartboy STS & bushings // RedlineGoods Shifter & E-brake boots // Muffler delete pipe // Window tint //

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It's a common occurance that people who evaluate brake/brake pad condition are full of it. Take a look yourself first. I have 9K and 12 autox's on mine and they aren't even halfway done.
    '11 WRX Hatch
    Lightning Red

Thought it sounded a bit ridiculous, but I thought I'd ask. Thanks.
    2011 Honda CR-Z EX
    Milano Red / Navigation / 6MT

2009 WRX hatch premium SEM #52 Traded 7/28/11
    Kartboy STS & bushings // RedlineGoods Shifter & E-brake boots // Muffler delete pipe // Window tint //

DUB
    Quote Originally Posted by tuskenraider View Post
    It's a common occurrence that people who evaluate brake/brake pad condition are full of it...
    Good answer.

willard stop being a brake rider and stomping your brakes after going 100mph+

just playing, but you should never listen to the people that change your oil. Their job is to rip you off and lie to you about engine flushing, tranny flushing, etc....
    Bugeye Mafia #213
    Kevin
    2002 Midnight Black Pearl WRX (Traded In!)

2012 Ice Silver Metallic STi Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by wrx0131 View Post
    willard stop being a brake rider and stomping your brakes after going 100mph+

just playing, but you should never listen to the people that change your oil. Their job is to rip you off and lie to you about engine flushing, tranny flushing, etc....
    Yeah dont take advice from some jiffy lube guy... Just remember they working on your oil and not doing your breaks for a good reason... I may be stereotyping a little here, but most those guys who work at jiffy lube or quick lube like to think they are car gods because they can ramble off some honda block codes while standing in the back of whatever ice cream parlor parking lot the local town has, IE UDF or some junk... and they will try and tell you all kinds of garbage and advice..
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY
    Turn off your seat belt chime

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I'd take a look at least. If you actually got them smoking they can go really fast.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb