'03 Bugeye WRX Problems
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on '03 Bugeye WRX Problems within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Seems like my car hesitates around 3-4k rpm in 2nd and 3rd gear. Feels like it's not getting enough of ...

'03 Bugeye WRX Problems

Seems like my car hesitates around 3-4k rpm in 2nd and 3rd gear. Feels like it's not getting enough of something, it's like something is slowing it down. I just changed oil and air filter. this was before that also. I also just fixed the exhaust (middle pipe was ruined).

When I'm driving slow and I turn my steering to the right I start hearing some weird noise from the passanger front tire side. Like a ticking sound. I tried finding out what this is by lifting it up and checking but can't hear it.

When I drive slow (usually just hear this somewhere inside or where it's very quiet. I hear a weird clunking sound in the rear, clunk.. clunk.. clunk, repeating again and again.

When I drive over speed bumps I hear weird clunking noise coming from all sides, in front on each side and rear on each side, usually when I go over it sideways. I've went under the car, and checked everything and can't hear this sound when I move everything around..

I just got the car 3 weeks ago and I've changed brakes, struts in the rear, exhaust. Other problems seem just to come instead, this is really getting on my nerves!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

When you say something is slowing it down do you mean it's not getting boost or its just not accelerating? What kind of intercooler do you have FM or TM? You could be looking at a heak soak issue, it is summer. If not check, your intake and make sure there are no leaks. After that see what kind of injectors the car has, and after all that if you car is modified in any way, get a tune

what kind of suspension do you have?

do you have a boost controller?

do you know what mods are on the car?

did you check the wheel bearing?
    Bugeye Mafia #213
    Kevin
    2002 Midnight Black Pearl WRX (Traded In!)

2012 Ice Silver Metallic STi Sedan

Stock suspension, just KYB struts in the rear.

The car has no mods at all, it's just stock.

And what I mean by it's like it's not getting enough something it's like it's hesitating around 3-4k rpm, I wouldn't say like turbo lag. It's more like something is slowing the car down at that rpm, since I feel nothing from 0 to red line in 1st gear. It's like it's not accelerating.

I have TMIC, I don't have a boost controller, and seems like it's nothing wrong with wheel bearing.
    Last edited by ZiggyWRX; 08-24-2009 at 04:24 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.