A/C = diming lights????

This is a discussion on A/C = diming lights???? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; When I use my a/c at night I started to notice that when Im stopped at a red light that ...

A/C = diming lights????

When I use my a/c at night I started to notice that when Im stopped at a red light that all the interior lights start to dim. I also have the 3 gauges where the clock is supposed to be (i have an 04 WRX) and the volt gauge always goes in the middle to 12 when the lights dim. Is this normal? Does it happen to anyone elses car?? Any thoughts would be great! Thanks guys!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

As with pretty much any electrical diag. I would start off by load testing the battery and doing a charging system test....Everything will be skewed if you dont have a good charging system... How is the condition/tension of the drive belts?

Quote Originally Posted by EvoEatr View Post
    As with pretty much any electrical diag. I would start off by load testing the battery and doing a charging system test....Everything will be skewed if you dont have a good charging system... How is the condition/tension of the drive belts?
    The battery is brand new and the drive belts are all new.