cel p0328

This is a discussion on cel p0328 within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey there wasn't any particular section i could find for this, but i'm getting this p0328 knock sensor 1 circuit ...

cel p0328

hey there wasn't any particular section i could find for this, but i'm getting this p0328 knock sensor 1 circuit high input, I am stage 1 ap. i keep resetting my ecu but it comes back evertime i turn my car on its seems to be running fine not sure what to do and i'm looking for advice.

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jcsti View Post
    hey there wasn't any particular section i could find for this, but i'm getting this p0328 knock sensor 1 circuit high input, I am stage 1 ap. i keep resetting my ecu but it comes back evertime i turn my car on its seems to be running fine not sure what to do and i'm looking for advice.

thanks
    How many miles are on the car? What year/model? There where some problems with the knock sensors on the earlier gen. Legacies and Impreza's that had to do with the sensor itself cracking, however I'm not sure thats relevant here, The knock sensor is a pretty simple circuit. This might sound like unprofessional or whatever but personally I would prob throw a knock sensor in there and see if it fixes your problem. I can say this though. 9/10 times I get a code like this it turns out to be a bad sensor...Obviously before replacement of the sensor make sure all the wiring and such isnt chamfered or anything and the terminal hasnt like backed out of the connector...

Quote Originally Posted by EvoEatr View Post
    How many miles are on the car? What year/model? There where some problems with the knock sensors on the earlier gen. Legacies and Impreza's that had to do with the sensor itself cracking, however I'm not sure thats relevant here, The knock sensor is a pretty simple circuit. This might sound like unprofessional or whatever but personally I would prob throw a knock sensor in there and see if it fixes your problem. I can say this though. 9/10 times I get a code like this it turns out to be a bad sensor...Obviously before replacement of the sensor make sure all the wiring and such isnt chamfered or anything and the terminal hasnt like backed out of the connector...
    thanx for the response, its a 2007 sti w/ 26000 miles. I probably will have to umarry my ap and take it to the dealership then.

Quote Originally Posted by jcsti View Post
    thanx for the response, its a 2007 sti w/ 26000 miles. I probably will have to umarry my ap and take it to the dealership then.

Good Idea...nothing beats warranty...

Update: so i brought the sti in 3 times! ! ! and they have replaced the knock sensor Twice for this. Everytime I leave the dealership the check engine light comes back on with the same code and the cruise control flashing .... this happend twice right when I left i'm just curious what these guys are gonna do because obviously replacing the sensor is not working......
    Last edited by jcsti; 10-05-2009 at 01:36 PM.