Am I Missing Something?? ASAP

This is a discussion on Am I Missing Something?? ASAP within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Im like astonished right now, there is a 2005 Subaru Impreza WRX...Turbocharged! Clean Title. 54,000 Miles, AWD, Manual Transmission, 6CD ...

Am I Missing Something?? ASAP

Im like astonished right now, there is a 2005 Subaru Impreza WRX...Turbocharged! Clean Title.
    54,000 Miles, AWD, Manual Transmission, 6CD Changer.

Extras:
    Blitz NUR spec Performance Turbo Back exhaust System.
    TurboXs BOV
    Cold Air Intake
    Premium Speakers
    Premium Wheels
    STi Springs
    650cc Injectors
    Jun lightweight Flywheel
    ACT Stage 2 Full Face HD street disc clutch
    TGV deletes
    Heavy duty Alternator
    New Starter
    Koni Shocks
    Sway Bar

This WRX is a project car
    It runs, drives, engine may have to be replaced though, cylinder issue, hopefully a well knowledges Subie enthusiast will pick this one up.

Price: $5.999 OBO AS-IS

Whats the worst it could be, when he says cylinder issue? I mean, is it possible it just needs a rebuild?? I feel like i should pick this up before its gone...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    It depends on your level of knowledge and how much you're willing to pay. You may end up dumping more money into it than what's it worth just to get it running right again, and potentially chasing gremlins for the rest of the time you own the car. On the other hand, it may be a steal and could be something simple. I'd ask him what the car is doing and what leads him to blelieve its a "cylinder issue." Just do your homework and go from there. Ask him to take it to mechanic you know and see what the mechanic says. You have many options available.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

+1^..If your mechanically inclined I would go take a look at the car and try and narrow down the problem to the exact cause..Cylinder issue could me something from as simple as a spark plug or it might need a new short block...I would attempt to find out exactly whats wrong with the car...I have a feeling the owner knows for a fact it needs a new engine/rebuild and he just threw "may" in there to try and throw some people off..

thanks for the replies guys. But EvoEatr hit the nail on the head. Here is what i finally got him to tell me over email "It's a cylinder ring issue...it's destroyed, the last owner logged it in their computer test thingy. Bottomline, you'd be better off replacing the engine. The car drives very rough." Doesnt really sound like something I wanna mess with at this time.

This is my Subie

That is my ad i put up on Craigslist, and yes the price tag is $6. I must say these cars seem like great rides, it's my first one. I have a few sports cars so i just dont have the need for a 4th one, i also don't NEED to sell it, but no room to store it. Unfortunatly i don't know much about these subies yet, nor have the time to fix it but from what i hear from the previous owner..he says it's a cylinder issue. It could be a cylinder misfire, or even a blown cylinder. Worst case, the engine will have to be replaced...which shouldn't cost more than 3g's for a NEW engine. You could always call ur local junkyard, pick up a used running motor for a Grand. But what if it just needs a major tune up? My point is, it's hard to find a WRX like this for cheap often...with an ublemished body, with all these add on's, ex: $2,500 imported racing wheels, upgraded turbo, new transmission, (well...look at the list...refer to akfmx's repost of my ad.)

As far as the dud engine is concerned, i could be wrong...but don't most subie enthusiasts prefer the 2.5 upgrade anyways? Never a better reason to upgrade here.

My Loss, your gain.

I ran into this Thread randomly online so i had to respond and better inform ya guys about it.

Keep it real.
    Last edited by Blackeagl3; 08-30-2009 at 06:14 PM.