weird noise

This is a discussion on weird noise within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I sometimes get a squealing noise when I have the steering wheel turned all the way when sitting still. It ...

weird noise

I sometimes get a squealing noise when I have the steering wheel turned all the way when sitting still. It starts right has the steering wheel has almost reached the point where it can turn anymore, and the headlights flicker for some reason when the noise starts. Just wondering if anybody knows what this could be from.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ffic View Post
    I sometimes get a squealing noise when I have the steering wheel turned all the way when sitting still. It starts right has the steering wheel has almost reached the point where it can turn anymore, and the headlights flicker for some reason when the noise starts. Just wondering if anybody knows what this could be from.
    It is your belt slipping - probably needs to be adjusted or maybe replaced.

Also, don't turn your wheels all the way for any length of time or it will burn out the power steering.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb