02 impreza rs cig lighter

This is a discussion on 02 impreza rs cig lighter within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i was pumping up a tire on a friends car when the air compressor just shut off. i went into ...

Exclamation 02 impreza rs cig lighter

i was pumping up a tire on a friends car when the air compressor just shut off. i went into my car and the cig lighter was completly dead i checked the fuse #4 and it is fine. Also power mirrors are on the same fuse as that one and they work fine. did smell a lil hot im my car but i duno could anyone help me out thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Is it a cigarette lighter or a power outlet? Subaru was odd with these things in some years...Did the unit come with a black dummy plug or a cigarette lighter? I am assuming you have the stock size fuse in the holder? You said it just shut off and the fuse looks fine and the power mirrors still work? If so I would be looking behind the lighter than for maybe a burnt wire or something...

Exclamation

you are right evoeatr it is just a dummy black plug and the fuse is a stock 20 amp fuse and i put another one in even though it was not blown and it still dont work and i checked all fusess including the ones under the hood. I might rip it apart this weekend and look for a burn off wire. thanks for your help

no problem man! Let us know what you find...The dash/console trim is pretty easy to pull apart on these things...

Exclamation

does anyone else have any idea of what could be wrong with my car

this might sound like a dumb question but are you sure your car is the problem and not the air compressor you were using?

the cig. lighter is kinda basic. If the fuse is not blown you must have a bad wire somewhere.
    '04 Aspen White WRX

concidering the air compresser is no longer plugged into the car and my sirius satalite radio doesnt work nor does anythign else i plug into it. the car is the problem that is for sure

Exclamation

well i took the whole center console apart on my car and now i cant figure outt how to take the power outlet pplug out i can sort of get to it but i cant get it out i think the outside of it should just turn but i dont no for sure. could someone help lead me in the right direction

I could be mistaken here but I believe either the front side or back side turn...I know there is a threaded portion, sometimes they can get on there rather tight. Did you purchase a new one?

Exclamation

yeah i think the back turns out but it wouldnt turn for me i tried for a while but couldnt get it. No i didnt purchase a new one was going to see if there was a wire buurnt off or what and then see about getting a new one. it didnt look to me like there were any wires burnt off and it looks like its just a black and red wire going to it and neither looked burnt and it is still connected. so i gues the power outlet is the problem. i guess i have to buy one when i get time.