Help me please

This is a discussion on Help me please within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 2006 tr i just put in a new clutch. the car now wont start with out jumping ...

Help me please

I have a 2006 tr i just put in a new clutch. the car now wont start with out jumping from another car with the jumper cables on my car grounded to the block. It turns over very slowly with cables. with out the cables it justs clicks once. when i remove the ground coming off the fenderwell going to the battery it clicks several times. please help me ive been working on this for 2 months.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

DUB
    So you have been jumping your car every time you need to start it for 2 months and wondering what the problem is?

You need a new battery.

I Support ClubWRX
    Did the problem start when you replaced the clutch?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Brand new battery and wires also new starter and all new ground wires. Still won't start without a jump.

Yes the problem started after I replaced the clutch, I think maybe a bad ground or a short I'm just having a hard time tracing it.

I Support ClubWRX
    Check the grounding leads, and check the harness clip on the top of the gearbox.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Thanks for the input i finally fixed it apperently your not suposed to ground the starter.