Brake light comes on while driving, and weird combo of dash lights come on

This is a discussion on Brake light comes on while driving, and weird combo of dash lights come on within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok so I own a 2008 subaru impreza.... Now out of no where my Park brake light on the dash ...

Brake light comes on while driving, and weird combo of dash lights come on

Ok so I own a 2008 subaru impreza.... Now out of no where my Park brake light on the dash comes on, also last when every time i hit a speed bump my ABS, Incline assist, and traction control lights came on as well. Im not sure whats wrong with it and I dont wanna take it to the dealer because I am out of a job and have no money so if this can be fixed on my own I want to do it. Any ideas guys?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Sounds like a loose contact or electical fault. Just to be safe, check the brake fluid level and if it's OK drive it to the dealer, since the car is under warranty and the repair should be free.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Sounds like a loose contact or electical fault. Just to be safe, check the brake fluid level and if it's OK drive it to the dealer, since the car is under warranty and the repair should be free.
    i hope so :-D thanks for the quick reply

Same thing on my 2008 WRX

Same thing happens on my 2008 WRX; just purchased it with 36k, and about 3 times now, when I hit a bump, the same 3 lights (ABS, traction, hill-hold assist) come on... I can restart the car and they will remain off... anyone else have this problem? Any ideas?

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by pyron68 View Post
    Same thing happens on my 2008 WRX; just purchased it with 36k, and about 3 times now, when I hit a bump, the same 3 lights (ABS, traction, hill-hold assist) come on... I can restart the car and they will remain off... anyone else have this problem? Any ideas?
    Have you checked the brake fluid as suggested?
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

This was happening to my 09 for a while... A reflash from the dealership solved the issue... Not sure if it was related or not... But they reflashed about a year ago and i have not seen the issue come back since...
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY
    Turn off your seat belt chime