04 wrx engine problem shaking

This is a discussion on 04 wrx engine problem shaking within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok the best way I can describe this is you know how 1st time stick drivers dont know how to ...

04 wrx engine problem shaking

Ok the best way I can describe this is you know how 1st time stick drivers dont know how to drive and if they arent releasing the clutch the cars engine will make noises shake nd stall? Well thats what my cars doing, mainly out if 1st gear and then when ever I need to down shift to 2nd gear. Dnt know why this is happening all of a sudden. Any1 got any ideas b/c its really starting to piss me off. I was thinking maybe I need new spark plugs maybe there misfiring. Any thoughts would be great. Thnks!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

there was a known issue with clutch shudder but that was mainly on 02-03 bugeye like mine, the problem was more pronounced when it was cold and then I had my clutch replaced at 70k and the problem went away.. it never did it in second gear however, and yours is 04 so i don't know if that applies.... or maybe you are not releasing the clutch properly like a newby all of the sudden j/k
    MY LUG NUTS NEED MORE TORQUE THAN YOUR HONDA MAKES!!!!

Cobb Stg 2 helix up/dp combo
    Kartboy short shifter

Quote Originally Posted by subaru_crazy View Post
    there was a known issue with clutch shudder but that was mainly on 02-03 bugeye like mine, the problem was more pronounced when it was cold and then I had my clutch replaced at 70k and the problem went away.. it never did it in second gear however, and yours is 04 so i don't know if that applies.... or maybe you are not releasing the clutch properly like a newby all of the sudden j/k
    thats what its starting to feel like! Like im a newby and dont know how to drive stick. lol Really hope I dont need a new clutch. How much does that run?? I do have almost 76,000 miles on the car and I hear these engines last a long time. How do you know when you need new spark plugs??

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by speedracer420 View Post
    How do you know when you need new spark plugs??
    Manufactures recommended service schedule. Or you could pull them,check the gap and visual inspection.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Clutch job depends on where you take it, once local tuner wanted to charge me 1200 for it, I thought I would be crazy to pay that much and went with another tuner that was way out of my way but they got the change done for under 600 bucks, plus the cost of travel which would be about 50 bucks so total was about 650. I have seen clutch kits go for about 300 bucks and if you can find some one that can do it for a decent price and you can bring your own parts then you can save and have a nice new clutch. My clutch went out at 70K but I think that the reason was that some one had to abuse it before me becaue I bought it used, and I remember that the clutch was not really grabby right from the time I bought the car. I know this becasue I now have 30 k miles on the new clutch and it grabs strong still, and its about the same miles I bought the car with.
    MY LUG NUTS NEED MORE TORQUE THAN YOUR HONDA MAKES!!!!

Cobb Stg 2 helix up/dp combo
    Kartboy short shifter