Cam / crank pulley removal. Quick ?s !!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Cam / crank pulley removal. Quick ?s !!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; gotcha...

gotcha
    MY LUG NUTS NEED MORE TORQUE THAN YOUR HONDA MAKES!!!!

Cobb Stg 2 helix up/dp combo
    Kartboy short shifter

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Problem solved... just booked an appointment with my local tuner/mechanic to do the job.

After finding out how much the cam wrenches will be, forget it, ill pay the extra few hundred and enjoy the convenience of letting someone else doing it.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

The easiest way to get the bolt off the crankshaft pulley is to get a friend and have them put the car into 5th gear and step on the brake, makes it much easier to pull it off! Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by jeffmm06 View Post
    Problem solved... just booked an appointment with my local tuner/mechanic to do the job.

After finding out how much the cam wrenches will be, forget it, ill pay the extra few hundred and enjoy the convenience of letting someone else doing it.
    Good chioce if you know you can trust them to do the job correctly, I wish the guys in NJ (Precision Tuning) were closer to me and I would have had them do the job, becasue quite frankly its a big PITA and you must have at least 1 other person to help out and or proper tools other wise you would screw it up, but presonally I didn't know a mechanic that could do a better job than myself and that would be trustworthy.....and the times that I saw how they work on cars I know better then to give them my car.
    MY LUG NUTS NEED MORE TORQUE THAN YOUR HONDA MAKES!!!!

Cobb Stg 2 helix up/dp combo
    Kartboy short shifter

Quote Originally Posted by DUB View Post
    I def agree on #1.

#2, people just have trouble 'cause they don't take the time to do it right. It just takes a lot of time.
    I had never done it before and after a lot of research it came out just fine on the first try.
    new to the forum...i tried the breaker bar trick yesterday and it worked perfectly....try unplugging the coil to keep the motor from turning over. also keep a few sets of wood clamps handy they work great in keeping the timing marks on the belt lined up

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12