Strange Rear View Mirror

This is a discussion on Strange Rear View Mirror within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So the other day I noticed on the rear view mirror of my 03 wrx that there was a strange ...

Angry Strange Rear View Mirror

So the other day I noticed on the rear view mirror of my 03 wrx that there was a strange oval forming. It was brighter than the other parts of the mirror as if it was not tinted ( I live in NE Ohio so it's not like the temps get into the 100s, assuming the temp had something to do with this). The next day I came out and noticed that the spot was still there but had actually moved a little. At first it was connected to the top of the mirror but then it was as if the whole thing had shifted towards the center. I was almost hoping it would just eventually move out of the mirror just like it moved into it. Since then I've noticed some movement but for the most part it seems to have a happy little place right in the center! It appears, as I look into it, that everything is out of focus except if I look right around where the perimeter of the strange oval is. I know it's an electronic rear view mirror but I have never heard of or seen anything like this. Has anyone else ever experienced anything happen like this? If it doesn't go away I'm assuming I'll prlly go to a junk yard or something and get a new one although I havn't looked into it yet to see how hard it'd be to replace it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    It is trivial to replace. Mine failed years ago and I bought a used one also. People wreck Subarus every day so there are parts readily available.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

i've seen it happen before. it won't go away. replace as you see fit.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    It doesn't go away. You're gonna have to replace it.

+1 ^