O codes O codes ! !

This is a discussion on O codes O codes ! ! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok so like yall know I bought a wrx with a bit of work done to it.. semi project to ...

O codes O codes ! !

Ok so like yall know I bought a wrx with a bit of work done to it.. semi project to get it up to my quality... I just installed a new borla header and LOVE IT.. I decided to scan the car and this is what i came up with... Note that most of these are from the previous owner. If anyone has any input on these then Id appreciate it (new to this skooby stuff lol)

(this is the one im worried most ab the car same with a external tial W/G if that helps)

Code : P0224
    Deff: turbo W/G solenoid "A"
    1 open or short circuit cond
    2 poor ele conn
    3 Faulty W/G solenoid

Code : P0457 (could this be like chevy when you dont turn your car off when you fill up the tank ??)
    Deff: Evap system leak detected
    1 faulty fuel cap
    2 faul canister vent solenoid
    3 faul canister purge solenoid
    4 evap system hose mailf

Code : P0442 (could this be like chevy when you dont turn your car off when you fill up the tank ??)
    Deff: Evap system leak detected
    1 faulty canister vent solenoid
    2 faulty canister purge solenoid
    3 fauly fuel cap
    4 evap system hose malf

Code : P0483 (the car runs fine temp wise... always low on teh mid scale)
    Deff: Cooling fan rationality check
    1 cooling system malf - low coolant (theres plenty)
    2 ECT malf
    3 Cooling fan def

thanks for all the help guys just trying to get this thing running strong again !! gotta go eat them v8s !
    04 WRX - 337 AWHP
    96 Svt Cobra - 415 RWHP

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

For the 2 EVAP codes..personally i would start off by looking at the gas cap and seal and make sure they arent damaged/dry rotted...give the cap at least 3 clicks..Also do a thorough visual of all EVAP lines and make sure they are connected properly and in good condition than I would clear those codes and see if they come back..However, if you feel like digging into it further plug in the green PDI connectors and you should be able to hear the vent solenoid clicking (this solenoid is located right above the charcoal canister opposite your rear muffler)If its clicking chances are its working properly and that means also that your getting power and switched ground at the connector....You said the car has some mods? Has anyone messed with/replaced the fuel pump?...As for the P0483 Ive seen Subies throw this code for a stuck thermostat. Personally first of all I would make sure the fans are cycling and blowing hot air when they do cycle.....
    Last edited by EvoEatr; 08-09-2009 at 08:48 AM.