please help me serious problems

This is a discussion on please help me serious problems within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; my car had a faulted front o2 sensor so i fixed it then i reset the ecu then later down ...

please help me serious problems

my car had a faulted front o2 sensor so i fixed it then i reset the ecu then later down the road my egt sensor failed but i have the stock engine but i dont have the original wiring (bought it like that) so i let time pass then after a while i also found out that the rear o2 sensor failed so i did something that was really dumb and just reset the ecu again but i put a resistor in the egt sensor and now i have a p0304 fault saying that i might have a bad fuel injector or coil pack or maybe a valve adjustment so i reset the ecu again just to make sure it was not a fluke and it did so is it the fact that if i take out the resistor that the rear o2 sensor will come back or not or if it is the injector cause the dealership ran it with the check engine light on for a long time and i did to so please help the more info the better i need to fix it so it can pass emmissions cause my tags expire at the end of the month

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I'd like to help but that entire post was a single sentence so it's not easy to understand.

my car had a faulted front o2 sensor
    How did you know this? Code number?

so i fixed it then i reset the ecu
    How did you fix it?

hen later down the road my egt sensor failed
    How do you know this? Code number? How much later down the road?

but i have the stock engine but i dont have the original wiring (bought it like that)
    Then you either don't have a stock engine now or you didn't then.

then after a while i also found out that the rear o2 sensor failed
    How did you find this out? Code number?

now i have a p0304 fault saying that i might have a bad fuel injector or coil pack or maybe a valve adjustment
    A P0304 is actually saying no. 4 cyl. is misfiring.

so is it the fact that if i take out the resistor that the rear o2 sensor will come back or not or if it is the injector
    What resistor? I thought you said you put a resistor in the EGT circuit.

i need to fix it so it can pass emmissions cause my tags expire at the end of the month
    I don't think there is enough information, and in any case if there is I don't understand it.

In addition to the above questions I'd recommend a thorough list of any modifications to the car -- and the questions above are very specific, list error codes, steps taken etc.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

bought the car,cobb intake,stock exhaust,no egt sensor,bad front o2 sensor

replaced the sensor and reset the ecu

light came on and got it checked it said the rear o2 sensor and egt sensor

reset the ecu and put a resistor in the egt's old spot

light came on again this time #4 misfire, reset ecu thinking it was a fluke

and now its back again, if i take out the resistor will it get rid of the #4 misfire cause of the stock exhaust

I Support ClubWRX
    What year is the car? If it is newer than 2003, what modifications did it have and what map was in running? If it is a bugeye car, what mods did it have?

So it has an aftermarket up pipe?

reset the ecu and put a resistor in the egt's old spot
    So the car had no EGT sensor fitted into the stock up pipe, or did it have an aftermarket up pipe with no EGT bung, or what? The resistor goes into the socket from the EGT. What is in the up pipe meanwhile?

Quote Originally Posted by smugglin1986
    ...bad front o2 sensor
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR
    How did you know this? Code number?
    if i take out the resistor will it get rid of the #4 misfire cause of the stock exhaust
    I don't know but it doesn't matter anyway, since doing so will demonstrably set off another CEL (EGT fault) and you can't pass emissions with either.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

2002 and as far as i know it was reset back to factory settings, i have not altered the intake due to the problems i have
    no after market up pipe as far as i know i just dont have the egt sensor
    i got the codes checked at auto zone with the obd 2

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by smugglin1986 View Post
    2002 and as far as i know it was reset back to factory settings, i have not altered the intake due to the problems i have
    no after market up pipe as far as i know i just dont have the egt sensor
    i got the codes checked at auto zone with the obd 2
    All this implies the car was modified previously and then the stock components were fitted for sale, as nobody in their right mind simply removes the stock EGT sensor for no apparent reason.

Leaving the O2 sensor aside, and assuming you installed the resistor correctly, your misfire could be a bona fide ignition code. If the fault stays at cyl 4 check the connections for that cyl and make sure everything is tight. If it moves to another cyl suspect the ignition is OK.

i have not altered the intake due to the problems i have
    So it's not the Subaru unit. Check that it's installed correctly I suppose.

which one is the number 4 cylinder and could it be a bad injector cause it was running with a bad o2 sensor for so long i mean the exhaust is black. if i do remove the resistor and motor the ecu would it come back as a rear o2 sensor?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by smugglin1986 View Post
    which one is the number 4 cylinder
    NASIOC - View Single Post - Cylinder numbering

if i do remove the resistor and motor the ecu would it come back as a rear o2 sensor?
    ??

i only ask cause like i said i didnt fix it when it the codes for rear o2 sensor and egt sensor came up

and how do i go about fixing my problem and how bad is it t drive around on a daily basis?