Please HELP

This is a discussion on Please HELP within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi all I purchase my 2002 wrx this july 9th and im facing misfiring problems. i took it to the ...

Please HELP

Hi all

I purchase my 2002 wrx this july 9th and im facing misfiring problems. i took it to the dealer ship service center 4 times and im still facing this problem(the first time cyclinder 2 and 4 was misfiring the second time i took it in cyclinder 2 was only misfiring the 3rd time i took it in cyclinder 1 2 3 was misfiring). I had my 1 2 3 and 4 ignition coils replace for new ones and the spark plugs changed as well. I took a 15 mile drive and at 2nd gear about 5500 rpm the check engine light came on and the car was misfiring again. Im so frustrated with this problem. It feels like when im switching from 1st to 2nd the rpm is lagging and it feels like im shifting from 1st to 5th gear. I had them do a compression test. i told them to change the mass air flow sensor , and also check to see if the ecu had to be updated and still im having this problem. The car has less then 94000 miles on it. I hope the car is not a lemon and its just acomputer error if not im returning the car back. I really dont want to because i love this car it actually is my dream car ( im very practical). Any advice will be deeply appreciated thank

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I can't offer much in the way of help, but I can commiserate with you. I just got my WRX back from the shop today for a CEL indicating a cylinder 3 misfire.

My WRX is a 2003 with 46,000 miles on it. I just bought it about 19 days ago, so this was definitely disappointing to me. I was starting to get familiar with it and then I had to put it in the shop for 3 days.

Anyway, the mechanic said they found a problem with the ignition coil, so they replaced it. The CEL is gone for now, and I hope it stays that way, but stories like yours don't really give me much hope. I'm hoping that they actually found a problem with the ignition coil, and it's not just a case of, "Hmmm... misfire eh? Maybe swapping out this part will take care of it." I'll just have to wait and see, I guess.

wow

Uncle mid wow this is crazy. This seems to be a very common problems with the 2002-2003 wrx. My only question is if this problem is so common why in the hell does these service departments dont have a solution for it. Yeah i feel you i had the car for a week i was having fun with it but it could be very disappointing when you bring your car back especailly 4 times as i have in one month. I m picking up my car today and if it has the same problem im leaving the car in front of the dealer ship i brought it from ... AHhhh im stress out about this i love the car but its been in the shop for so long that i couldnt even snap a good picture to put as my avatar

If you took it back 3 times in the first month of owning it, and they weren't able to fix it, toss the phrase 'lemon law' out.

I'd bet they either fix it or you're free & clear to start looking for a more reliable one...
    Stink-Eye Mob #666

2009 WRX Sedan