6-disc cd player isn't working

This is a discussion on 6-disc cd player isn't working within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just got my car this weekend, and today I made a CD to put in the cd player. I ...

6-disc cd player isn't working

I just got my car this weekend, and today I made a CD to put in the cd player. I hit the load button and waited for the message to come up on the screen to insert a disc, but nothing came up. Angered, i kept hitting the button, but nothing worked again. I hit the eject button and it made a sound, but no message came up either. I actually held the eject button after and it said: EJECT ALL but nothing came out. Then I tried hitting the CD button, but that button isn't working either...Every other button works (radio, volume, ect) but what cant i listen to my CDs!!! i'm starting to hate the radio...sigh. Is it broken or did i do something wrong (i read the manual as well)
    FREEEEDOMMM!!!!!

2000 FBP Civic SI - stolen/sold
    2005 PSM WRX - current

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    They do fail on occasion.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Just don't be like me and install a new stereo while uninstalling the six disc player with six discs in it...

More than just on occasion with mine. I've had mine replaced and then the changer has frozen up a few times with the new one. Mine would either go to load a CD or change to another one, and the say "Press Eject" or something along those lines and make a whirring sound faintly. Radio, volume, etc worked.

If yours is doing that (I know nothing is coming up on the screen), try alternating between the eject button and hitting any one of the CD buttons (1-6) then back to the eject button. Otherwise do load, eject, load, etc but wait a few seconds between each. If it doesn't respond, go to FM and try again after. It took me a few times doing this, but I've always got it to work again by doing that. Granted, I've sworn to replace it but once it starts working again, I forget until the next time it does it.

Good luck with it.

in the 5 years + i had the car the CD player has had a mind of its own, few times the volume would go up on its own, and it wouldn't stop until i turned the volume knob the other way, a few times it would do exactly what the o.p. described but after turning the car off it always comes back to life. On one occasion everything mechanical worked fine, but when the CD was loaded it would not produce any sound, again after a reboot the player has worked since.
    MY LUG NUTS NEED MORE TORQUE THAN YOUR HONDA MAKES!!!!

Cobb Stg 2 helix up/dp combo
    Kartboy short shifter