brand new 16g turbo with no boost

This is a discussion on brand new 16g turbo with no boost within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I installed a brand new blouche 16g td05 on my 03 wrx today and I'm getting no boost at all. ...

brand new 16g turbo with no boost

I installed a brand new blouche 16g td05 on my 03 wrx today and I'm getting no boost at all. I have checked all the connections and hoses but none of them seem loose. Does it require an aftermarket controller?
    Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by krrawn View Post
    I installed a brand new blouche 16g td05 on my 03 wrx today and I'm getting no boost at all. I have checked all the connections and hoses but none of them seem loose. Does it require an aftermarket controller?
    Thanks in advance.
    What other mods do you have? What kind of DP? Did you install injectors and tune for the new injectors/turbo? Or install/adjust anything else like a BOV? It doesn't require a controller but you have to get tuned for it.

Still should be hitting some boost though, at least the actuator spring pressure even if the lines aren't right. How are you measuring boost? Is your BOV or BPV stuck open? Is your wastegate stuck open somehow?

Sorry for all the questions, but it will help a lot.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

I have electric cutout exhaust, turbo xs topmount turbo xs short ram intake, walbro 255, up pipe down pipe and tuned to run with those. I am waiting to install the new injectors because i dont want to have a broader range of problems to diagnose at one time. And as an update it is boosting (wich i didnt realize at first post) really late 4500 rpms.

I Support ClubWRX
    I have electric cutout exhaust, turbo xs topmount turbo xs short ram intake, walbro 255, up pipe down pipe and tuned to run with those. I am waiting to install the new injectors because i dont want to have a broader range of problems to diagnose at one time. And as an update it is boosting (wich i didnt realize at first post) really late 4500 rpms.
    It is really no surprise then. Put the injectors in and get it tuned then go from there.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Wait, you're driving 4500 rpms without injectors or tuning?

:unamused: