Secondary air injection aka smog pump need some help

This is a discussion on Secondary air injection aka smog pump need some help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ok well i have cel due to secondary air injection switch bank 2 Stuck. im looking for a diagram of ...

Secondary air injection aka smog pump need some help

ok well i have cel due to secondary air injection switch bank 2 Stuck. im looking for a diagram of the secondairy air injection system. and or a "how to" on deleting the whole system and any hardware needed (yes i understand it is not legal).

(06 WRX)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What code did you get exactly? how many miles are on the vehicle? first thing i would do is a visual inspection of the system..than I would plug in the green diag connectors. the 2 SAI valves/switches that are on the drivers side kind of under the intercooler/intake manifold should be clicking when you plug those diag connectors in... See if they make a clicking sound ( you might have to use a long screwdriver or mechanics stethoscope to hear them)...

the car has 43k miles on it. i wont be able to do any further diag untill thursday. i will re-pull the code and post it...
    thanks for the help so far

Secondary air injection

I have a secondary air injection system switching valve stuck closed Bank 2 code in my 2007 WRX with 85K+ on it.

Now what? Sounds like I might need a new valve or valve/solenoid or whatever. Is it tough to change? Any tutorials around on that one? I did a search to find this thread and didn't see any.

Suggestions?

There's a thread on IWSTi.com about deleting the pump.

Think this is it;
    http://boardreader.com/fp/IWSTI_com_...ts_888728.html
    Can't double check as it gets blocked here...

And Cosworth make these;
    http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/c...7-p-53582.html