Secondary air injection aka smog pump need some help
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Secondary air injection aka smog pump need some help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ok well i have cel due to secondary air injection switch bank 2 Stuck. im looking for a diagram of ...

Secondary air injection aka smog pump need some help

ok well i have cel due to secondary air injection switch bank 2 Stuck. im looking for a diagram of the secondairy air injection system. and or a "how to" on deleting the whole system and any hardware needed (yes i understand it is not legal).

(06 WRX)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What code did you get exactly? how many miles are on the vehicle? first thing i would do is a visual inspection of the system..than I would plug in the green diag connectors. the 2 SAI valves/switches that are on the drivers side kind of under the intercooler/intake manifold should be clicking when you plug those diag connectors in... See if they make a clicking sound ( you might have to use a long screwdriver or mechanics stethoscope to hear them)...

the car has 43k miles on it. i wont be able to do any further diag untill thursday. i will re-pull the code and post it...
    thanks for the help so far

Secondary air injection

I have a secondary air injection system switching valve stuck closed Bank 2 code in my 2007 WRX with 85K+ on it.

Now what? Sounds like I might need a new valve or valve/solenoid or whatever. Is it tough to change? Any tutorials around on that one? I did a search to find this thread and didn't see any.

Suggestions?

There's a thread on IWSTi.com about deleting the pump.

Think this is it;
    http://boardreader.com/fp/IWSTI_com_...ts_888728.html
    Can't double check as it gets blocked here...

And Cosworth make these;
    http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/c...7-p-53582.html

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.