2006 WRX TR Clutch

This is a discussion on 2006 WRX TR Clutch within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Year: 2006 Model: WRX TR Mileage: 42.7k HP: 240 So I'm coming back from the beach, when the clutch starts ...

2006 WRX TR Clutch

Year: 2006
    Model: WRX TR
    Mileage: 42.7k
    HP: 240

So I'm coming back from the beach, when the clutch starts slipping... At first, it was just slipping in 5th gear, then 4th and 5th, and so on. By the time I had a place to pull over, the engine would rev high when I stepped on the gas, but my speed would drop anyway - and all I could smell was burning clutch. At this point, I can still turn on the car - but when I put it in first gear and let out the clutch completely, not only does it not die without me stepping on the gas... but when I step on the gas, the RPMs rise, but no movement.

It's in the shop right now, to be looked at on Monday (I hope)... but I have a few questions for those of you who have either had this issue or know people who have:

1) Should I replace it with the OEM? (Or maybe upgrade to the SPT?)
    2) If not, what should I replace it with?

I'm not looking to go out rallying at this point, but I do want to mod it later... Nothing big, but enough to make my Evo neighbor cry.

I'd really appreciate any help I can get - thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If your car is stock or up to Stage 2 power on a stock tranny, replace it with a stock clutch or an aftermarket equivalent.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

I Support ClubWRX
    the 2006 model year changed the clutch design. There is no SPT or STi equivalent for our cars.

OEM for stage 2 or less.. I agree.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!