totaled?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on totaled? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; car got hit pretty good. back passenger just in front of the rear tire. guy was proabably going 35-40 mph ...

totaled?

car got hit pretty good.
    back passenger just in front of the rear tire. guy was proabably going 35-40 mph when he hit me. no brakes or skid marks.
    back wheel was pinned but car was still able to be driven on tow truck.
    my car is an 03 wrx valued about $12k no modding other then rims and exhaust.
    it doesnt seem like there is much besides body work with collision area?
    and how much does just a full body paint job (equivalent quality to stock) cost?
    i hope its totaled. i cant afford my insurance itll double illl have to sell it.
    and im suppose to drive 36 hours to school in 6 days. no way itll be fixed.
    FML any input in appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Got pics?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by taWRX1990 View Post
    and how much does just a full body paint job (equivalent quality to stock) cost?
    Theoretically, several thousand dollars US. It's worth much less IMO because the factory did such a terrible job, but that's another story. Full paint jobs with any level of attention to detail are not inexpensive because of labour rates.

im suppose to drive 36 hours to school in 6 days. no way itll be fixed.
    No. Make other arrangements and try not to worry about it at school.

FML any input in appreciated
    Look at it differently. You're still breathing. The car was just metal. You could have been hit an instant sooner, a meter or two more forward. Cars are not cheap but they're just cars.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    Got pics?
    helping my time crisis the adjuster blew me off the first day.
    called his supervisor and got a call the next day. never heard from the inspector like i was suppose to and now my adjusters voicemail is full. he never answers my calls.

ill get pictures when i go with the inspector to look at it.
    ill post them

not as bad as i was hoping...
    i cant afford the insurance now, and it doesnt look to be totaled.
    heres some pics i took today

hard to see but front fender folded and buckled passanger side

dunno if anything can be seem in last pic best i could do without jacking up car.

That'll buff right out...
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

and seeing where i was hit, think there is chance of suspension or AWD system being messed up in any way that could increase damage amount. Im afraid of them looking at things and saying "well it was affected but is still okay enough to not be replaced" which is bull**** since the car was mint when I got it.

if only the air bags went off....

I Support ClubWRX
    Look at the roof.....If there is any deformation or buckling then its totaled. Thats not a cheap fix, even without the roof, they'll probably total it.

You need a complete side that comes with the b pillar and rear quarter panel, both doors, a fender, front bumper, hinges, handles, latches, possibly interior pieces, suspension components, mouldings, etc.

You are looking ~$7k to fix I estimate, with them repainting most of the car (virtually impossible to get them to do a complete respray). That is ofcourse without any roof damage. They'll likely comp. value your car at around $9,000-9750.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

i only paid 10,750 for it. the NADA book put it at about $12k in value at the time of purchase. that was 3 months ago. if they give me even $8000.00 to repair it I think at that point I will be looking for a cheaper AWD/4WD car and just trying to sell the WRX to cover the difference I owe on the loan. How difficult/profitable would it be to sell parts out of the car from head lights to the engine, ect. It runs perfectly but still has 75k miles. I wouldn't expect people to be jumping all over an engine or tranny with that kind of miles.

I dont know well see I should hear from the inspector to go look at it within and hour...thanks for the feed back guys.

Where you at fault?

I'm not sure about in the stats, but if your not at fault why would your insurance go up?

Anyways good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by A265 View Post
    Where you at fault?

I'm not sure about in the stats, but if your not at fault why would your insurance go up?

Anyways good luck.
    unfortunately yes i am at fault, legally. The ******* who hit me however, well it is his fault. He was not paying attention at all and hit what was right in front of him. I could not see him when I backed out he was behind a hill.

But also I just got back from the appraiser. He says looks around $6,000.00 including the paint. My only chance is to get it in a shop and they find damage when they start stripping it. It has to hit 70% of the cars value to be totaled. I should know the value of my car and his initial estimate by tonight.
    I also can dodge a bullet if they value my car significantly lower

This is horrible.
    Last edited by taWRX1990; 08-04-2009 at 09:17 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.