Strange problem with Alarm system
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Strange problem with Alarm system within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi this is my first posting here but seeing as this is a WRX forum I'm in need of some ...

Strange problem with Alarm system

Hi this is my first posting here but seeing as this is a WRX forum I'm in need of some assistance. I have a 2002 Scooby and last night overnight strangely my alarm started going off by itself. just randomly for no reason ( and by going off i mean being triggered).

now I've been searching through my car just trying to find some obvious solution but there isnt one. For one, when I depress my clutch pedal, the RED relay in the fuse panel continueously engages and disengages over and over and over at a very high rate of speed, constant clicking. now, my doors all still lock unlock etc with my keyless entry, the car still starts and drives fine, I unhooked my horn to prevent constant annoyance while i get this figured out, any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

BUMP

Desperately in search of help, this problem is driving me nuts due to the fact i just can't figure it out, This morning I came out and just my day time runners were on even though the car was off and the e brake was engaged..

I Support ClubWRX
    On the top middle of the steering column, behind the steering wheel but in front of the instrument panel there is a switch. Make sure that switch is OFF (no red visible) and check the lights again.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Did u ever figure this out? I have the same problem. Anyone?

I Support ClubWRX
    Are your parking lights constantly on?
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Holy crap your fast! But no, lights are not. Its usually beeps a few times 15 min after driving. It may or may not repeat nor beep each day. Occasionally the alarm will sound without provocation.

Im going to check the key remote and fuses tomorrow, can you think of anything else? Thanks.

I Support ClubWRX
    Only other thing I can think of is intermittent short in either the dome lamp or the rear storage area light, sorry. Good luck.

Thanks I'll let the forum know when i figure it out.

The problem has stopped. I have no idea why it must have been a short in the system.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.