Gauge cluster help

This is a discussion on Gauge cluster help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok well i own a 2003 wrx wagon and my gauge cluster just totally stop and i check fuse and ...

Gauge cluster help

Ok well i own a 2003 wrx wagon and my gauge cluster just totally stop and i check fuse and all that stuff so i was going to buy a used cluster from ebay or craigslist but my only worry is i will not be able to find one with the right milage. so my question is: Is the miles stuck on cluster or on computer.

I just bought it and i am going to need lots of help from you guys Thanks Chris

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

When I was working on some older american muscle cars you could just pull the whole cluster apart and do it by hand. but I remember a company in MO that could do something called "Digital Millage Correction" You'd ship them your old cluster plus your newer one and they'd swap the millage legally. When they sent you back your clusters they'd also send you a little notarized receipt that showed it had been done. hope that helps. I'll see if I can dig up the name of that company.
    "if you are going to tell someone the truth you had better make them laugh otherwise they'll kill you" - George Bernard Shaw.
    Bugeye Mafia #214
    Dirty Crew #42