more P0171 trouble!

This is a discussion on more P0171 trouble! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; 2004 wrx, with 56,226 miles. still getting a P0171 code after i installed the oem airbox. I am completly stock, ...

more P0171 trouble!

2004 wrx, with 56,226 miles. still getting a P0171 code after i installed the oem airbox. I am completly stock, except for axle back exhuast. Dont even have a K&N air filter, so any suggestions on what or where i can begin?

thanks!

-vic-

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

double and triple check that ALL vacuum/intake hoses/lines are connected properly and not damaged...did you clear the code after installing the airbox?

I Support ClubWRX
    Makes sure the cover for the air box is seated correctly in the tabs.

Clean the MAF very carefully.

Check the tubing to the fuel pressure regulator.

Frequently it's the MAF plus a dirty intake or air filter.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

after going back to stock, i cleared the codes, and about two days later the 171 code came back. Checked, double checked, then re-checked my workmanship. Was thinking about cleaning the MAF, but not sure how to. sounds like a good place to start, but what or how do you clean the MAF, bcs i know you not suppose to touch it, and if you do, dont touch any of the small wires, ect. is their a solution or spray of some sort? thanks

-vic-

PS:
    SD GR,

where do i look for "the tubing to the fuel pressure regulator and what should i look for?"
    Last edited by phernic; 07-19-2009 at 11:26 AM.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by phernic View Post
    after going back to stock, i cleared the codes, and about two days later the 171 code came back. Checked, double checked, then re-checked my workmanship. Was thinking about cleaning the MAF, but not sure how to. sounds like a good place to start, but what or how do you clean the MAF, bcs i know you not suppose to touch it, and if you do, dont touch any of the small wires, ect. is their a solution or spray of some sort? thanks
    how to clean MAF? - NASIOC

Ignore the people saying to use brake cleaner.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by phernic View Post
    PS:
    SD GR,
    where do i look for "the tubing to the fuel pressure regulator and what should i look for?"
    Look low by the intake manifold and "under" the inlet tube.

Also for more info on P0171 see here but suspect the MAF sensor first IMO:
    P0171 CEL Thread - Everything you ever wanted to know? - NASIOC
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.