HELP>>>>perrin pulley install

This is a discussion on HELP>>>>perrin pulley install within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My wife has an 04 wrx (automatic) Got everything broke down but unlike mine where i just put it in ...

HELP>>>>perrin pulley install

My wife has an 04 wrx (automatic) Got everything broke down but unlike mine where i just put it in 5th gear and then use an impact gun to unscrew the bolt her pulley will not lock even in gear or reverse with the automatic.Im pretty sure its the torque converter letting it move.I heard there is a tool to get it off but dont know what it is or if there is another method.If there is some other way or know the tool name please help.Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

there is a subaru special tool... Ive used it many times..lol..but anyways..Ive also used a strap wrench to hold the crank pulley while you loosen the bolt (22mm) that seems to work..or if you feel like going through the process to reach the (you said its automatic) flexplate..there is an access cover (little black plastic piece) for it on the Passanger side you might be able to see it if you look down next to the intercooler....anyways pop that little cover off and you can ram a pry bar in there to hold the flexplate while you break the crank bolt loose...

Have someone stand on the brakes?
    200,000 mile club.

Old Irish adage: "Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege."

Quote Originally Posted by T.J. View Post
    Have someone stand on the brakes?
    this wont stop the engine from turning...

yea he's right,this wont stop the engine from turning,neither will putting it in gear or reverse.We also tried putting the belt back on and tightening it a bit but that wasn't working neither.