Gauge lights dont work

This is a discussion on Gauge lights dont work within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; my clock didnt work along with my gauge lights and it kept blowing the 10A fuse for the Illum. spot. ...

Gauge lights dont work

my clock didnt work along with my gauge lights and it kept blowing the 10A fuse for the Illum. spot. i changed the clock and still no luck. any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have the same exact problem with mine let me know if you figure anything out.

Either you have a short in the wiring or with all your gauges hooked up to the illuminatoin fuse your drawing to much power though that fuse either put a bigger one in or wire your gauges up seperatly to a standalone fuse.

DUB
    Quote Originally Posted by vttk_mig69 View Post
    Either you have a short in the wiring or with all your gauges hooked up to the illuminatoin fuse your drawing to much power though that fuse either put a bigger one in or wire your gauges up seperatly to a standalone fuse.
    I think he just means the stock gauge cluster, not aftermarket gauges.

If the fuse keeps blowing you must have a short somewhere.

there are no aftermarket gauges just the stock cluster. im thinking there is a short from the clock to the gauges

Do the lights on the gauge cluster illuminate for a short time after replacing the fuse?
    How about the clock?

Check all the wires leading to/from the gauge cluster. Also check the light bulbs.

If the clock never turns on you might need to fix the weld points (common issue on Subaru clocks).
    http://www.scoobymods.com/overhead_c...ighlight=clock

i just replaced the clock with a new one and the lights dont come on after replacing the fuse, the fuse just blows instantly by putting it in