What kind of hp could I expect with the following mods?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on What kind of hp could I expect with the following mods? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; First off, I wasn't really sure where to post this so I posted it here, sorry if it is in ...

What kind of hp could I expect with the following mods?

First off, I wasn't really sure where to post this so I posted it here, sorry if it is in the wrong area.

anyways

05 sti
    HKS Hi-Power Exhaust
    HKS SSQV Bov
    K&N SRI
    HKS Down pipe

So what kind of HP and torque numbers could I expect after a tune on 91 octane gas? How much of an increase would there be if a HKS Up pipe was added?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Personally I would get rid of the BOV for now.... take a look here..this should answer your questions... Unabomber's Manifesto - NASIOC

I Support ClubWRX
    1 gazillon hp.............good lord people stop asking this question and search "stage 1" or "stage 2"
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    1 gazillon hp.............good lord people stop asking this question and search "stage 1" or "stage 2"
    LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by EvoEatr View Post
    Personally I would get rid of the BOV for now.... take a look here..this should answer your questions... Unabomber's Manifesto - NASIOC
    thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    show me where someone asked this exact same question with the same exact mods listed, if there isnt one then be quiet.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    The HKS downpipe is not a good model. It's pretty restrictive. I'd opt for a bellmouth downpipe.

And the SSQV doesn't belong either.

Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    The HKS downpipe is not a good model. It's pretty restrictive. I'd opt for a bellmouth downpipe.

And the SSQV doesn't belong either.
    oh well i was just wondering because a car i was looking at has those mods.

I Support ClubWRX
    Sorry I don't follow. Do you own the 05 STi you described initially, or are you trying to buy it?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    The STI he was looking at buying has those mods.

The STI he was looking at buying has those mods.
    correct, btw i already read the thing about not buying cars with mods but i know a bunch of people that can verify that the car was very well taken care of and for the price i can't find anything better, it is being sold for 15.5k with 64k miles and a clean title with no accidents

Is in Love With the Admins Here 20WRX04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by umopp View Post
    show me where someone asked this exact same question with the same exact mods listed, if there isnt one then be quiet.
    "Check out the big brain on Brett! You're a smart mothereffer."

You guys are better than me for continuing to entertain these questions. If he had only a few posts then maybe, but he's been here long enough to know IMO. Good luck.
    The first rule of the Faction is...DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE FACTION.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by 20WRX04 View Post
    "Check out the big brain on Brett! You're a smart mothereffer."

You guys are better than me for continuing to entertain these questions. If he had only a few posts then maybe, but he's been here long enough to know IMO. Good luck.
    well yeah i guess i kinda have been here for a while but i dont come on here very often which is evidenced by my 60ish posts in a year.

Quote Originally Posted by umopp View Post
    well yeah i guess i kinda have been here for a while but i dont come on here very often which is evidenced by my 60ish posts in a year.
    I was inferring that since you do have 60 posts you've obviously been here long enough to know why Donkey said what he said. Do some more searching/reading on what you're asking before you post. You would've found out that the HKS DP is really restrictive, as mentioned before. And the UP on an STi is already catless, so there's really no reason to replace it unless the car has a ton of miles on it or you're adding an EWG. Don't forget about EM too. Good luck with finding your new Subaru.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    I'm cutting him slack because he doesn't actually have a Subaru at the moment so I doubt he's done researching we'd expect of owners.

I'm cutting him slack because he doesn't actually have a Subaru at the moment so I doubt he's done researching we'd expect of owners.
    Like I said, you're a better man.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.