Pod Filter

This is a discussion on Pod Filter within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi everyone, Just brought a 97 WRX had it for 3 weeks now, i've had some comments about my pod ...

Talking Pod Filter

Hi everyone,

Just brought a 97 WRX had it for 3 weeks now, i've had some comments about my pod filter, some say i should change back to the original air box, and some say that its all good if its plumbed properly and some people say WRX's are ****, well screw them haha.

Anyway my question is; how bad is it if the pod filter is getting wet? i.e from the rain while driving, it sits under the bonnet vent which has had its cover removed.

Cheers if u can help me out.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXVAG View Post
    Hi everyone,

Just brought a 97 WRX had it for 3 weeks now, i've had some comments about my pod filter, some say i should change back to the original air box, and some say that its all good if its plumbed properly and some people say WRX's are ****, well screw them haha.

Anyway my question is; how bad is it if the pod filter is getting wet? i.e from the rain while driving, it sits under the bonnet vent which has had its cover removed.

Cheers if u can help me out.
    It could potentially be a problem. Get it wet enough and water could make it's way into the intake tract and wreak havoc.

so it will be a good idea to cover the bonnet vent then?
    i have a front mount so will that cool the air enough as it passes through?