a little help....
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on a little help.... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 2007 WRX TR. Just got it back from the dealership with the 30k miles work done on ...

a little help....

I have a 2007 WRX TR. Just got it back from the dealership with the 30k miles work done on it and a new throw out bearing. She drives great. But i recently drove her from Denver, co to Cheyenne, Wy...about a 1 1/2 to 2 hr drive. Shortly after being up there i noticed a couple things....

1 - at random times in first as i'm leaving without hard acceleration i get a light rattling sound coming from the back seat

2 - at random times again...i can hear a whining coming from my engine while the tranny's engaged...driving or idle.

Any suggestions as to what it could be? I could just take it back to my dealership but I dont trust them enough to walk in there blindly...any tips would be much appreciated!
    Id rather drive a fast car slow than a slow car fast - Micah

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm totally new to owning a turbo let alone a performance vehicle...let alone a subaru with a boxer engine. I don't know if I can explain my problem any better, but I'm concerned simply because I dont know whats going on with my car. If you guys need me to explain things in more detail or differently thats fine I'm just looking for any kind of feedback from someone that knows about subies. I love my car but dont like driving it if I feel there's something wrong with it.

Plus I don't trust my dealership. I always get a creepy feeling from them when I take my car in, but right now everythings still under warranty so thats the only place I can take it.

Seriously guys anything you got is appreciated. Even if it's just letting me know you think i'm a noob....

I Support ClubWRX
    I live in denver if you'd like to go for a ride and see if there are any basics that we can double check.

Any mods done to her?
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Dude that would be awesome!

Standby for my email add

As far as I know the dealership stripped everything off of it.

From what I can tell its stock except for an STI tip on it. I cant see anything under the hood that looks aftermarket just by looking at it....but i was told it may have had some work done to the intake.

Thanks again!

email - bellhammer99@gmail.com

Let me know what'll work for you

I have a MY08 WRX and the plastic 'shelf' behind the back seat would rattle against the window at low RPMs during acceleration. I just stuck a piece of foam door seal in there about an inch long right in the middle and that fixed it. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by preiff; 07-23-2009 at 11:25 AM. Reason: grammar

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by bellhammer View Post
    Dude that would be awesome!

Standby for my email add

As far as I know the dealership stripped everything off of it.

From what I can tell its stock except for an STI tip on it. I cant see anything under the hood that looks aftermarket just by looking at it....but i was told it may have had some work done to the intake.

Thanks again!
    email - bellhammer99@gmail.com

Let me know what'll work for you
    Hey boss... I never saw this reply. I'm sorry about that!

Did you get things worked out? If not, I'm free all weekend and next week
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by preiff View Post
    I have a MY08 WRX and the plastic 'shelf' behind the back seat would rattle against the window at low RPMs during acceleration. I just stuck a piece of foam door seal in there about an inch long right in the middle and that fixed it. Hope this helps.
    Sweet I'll have to check and see if thats it. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    Hey boss... I never saw this reply. I'm sorry about that!

Did you get things worked out? If not, I'm free all weekend and next week

Its all good dude. I just dropped it off at the dealership this morning.

I was driving it yesterday and the sound went from intermittent to way worse and constant.

It was wierd because there was a lite rattle sound coming from the center console area and then a scraping and knocking sound when i decelerated. I think its just the cat dying but it sounded horrible.

btw.....know any good places i could take it to get hail damage repaired?

I Support ClubWRX
    btw.....know any good places i could take it to get hail damage repaired?
    I actually have to get some repaired myself. My hood got brutalized. I have the insurance check, but haven't taken the time to find anywhere yet.

Will your car be done by wednesday? You should head up to bandimere with us!
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

Dammit I just saw this reply. My car is ready if you have time to read this before you leave it would be fun to tag along!

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm sending a pm with my cell number. Give me a call and I'll give you the details
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

Ok cool so got my subie back from the dealership again and they said the heat shielding on the exhaust came loose and was beating against the drive train. Hope this helps in case anyone else runs into this problem. Thanks for the help guys!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.