Warm engine starting problems: - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Warm engine starting problems: within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by STARION got in the car and didnt put my code in ( brant keypad alarm ) and ...

Quote Originally Posted by STARION View Post
    got in the car and didnt put my code in ( brant keypad alarm )
    and cranked it 4-5 times ( no pincode means it wont fire up )

then i put my code in and started and it fired up perfectly.

now im thinking what could the prob be now, almost as if the cranking cleared fuel from the cylinders and then allowed it to fire without a prob.....
    Well, another question is how does the Brant alarm prevent startup? Does it simply cut out the ignition circuit, meaning it has a contact placed in series with the IGN fuse?

If so, I would temporarily remove that alarm point or bypass the circuit that cuts out the ignition circuit and see what happens.

Usually, cranking without firing clears a flooded engine, but your engine shouldn't be flooded unless you have, like your friend said, a leaky injector that's dripping fuel into air/fuel intake chamber caused by remaining fuel pressure after first shutdown.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 2:43AM View Post
    Well, another question is how does the Brant alarm prevent startup? Does it simply cut out the ignition circuit, meaning it has a contact placed in series with the IGN fuse?

If so, I would temporarily remove that alarm point or bypass the circuit that cuts out the ignition circuit and see what happens.

Usually, cranking without firing clears a flooded engine, but your engine shouldn't be flooded unless you have, like your friend said, a leaky injector that's dripping fuel into air/fuel intake chamber caused by remaining fuel pressure after first shutdown.

brant alarm cuts the fuel pump out so it doesnt prime i think.... just lets it crank

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12